Sunday, August 14, 2011

"Hanging with my Sister" Finds

A couple days ago my sister and I went to the reception of a family friend. We stopped by a couple thrift sores and found nothing besides some poor bowls that used to be red. I SOOO wish I could find a nice red bowl. All the ones I've seen here in the valley are all scrubbed off and destroyed. What is it with the red that makes everyone want to mess them up? The last place we hit up before going to the reception had these two little Old Orchard bowls sitting on a lonely shelf. Joy spotted them first and since she's not a collector (yet!) she gave 'em to me to take home. I'm not the biggest fan the brown ones, but they look good stacked with my Early American ones.
 I'm starting to get quite the collection. I love that I don't have any matching sets and that I have a good mix of whites and colors. I love it! Though, the other day I almost bid on a Primary colors set on Ebay.... maybe one day. I don't know, the shipping is WAY too much. 

Right now I'm just hoping to find a BIG red bowl some day soon. Jason found one in a Goodwill in California when he was working, but he couldn't carry it on the plane back home. He said it was in mint condition too. :( If only...

Yesterday we went around to a couple yard sales with no luck. Oh well. I did get a good idea for stacking my bowls though from the Pyrex Love site. So, we went over to Lowes and got some PVC pipe. I just have to cut it up and then I can use it to stack my bowls. :)

1 comment:

  1. I've carried Pyrex twice on the plane in the past few months - in my suitcase, in my carryon - I blogged about it...
    http://jillslittlebit.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-pyex-travels-air-canada.html
    http://jillslittlebit.blogspot.com/2011/07/pei-pyrex.html

    Hope you find the red bowl - it will turn up when you least expect it!!

    ReplyDelete