Saturday, August 6, 2011

Ogden Finds

My sister and I went up to Ogden this weekend to take the kids to the Ogden Eccles Dinosaur Park. I love when parks give free admission to places like this. The kids absoloutly LOVED it. All the big dinos all over. Well, after we went there it was time for Joy and I to have our fun. We pulled over into a parking lot to find a DI on my phone when Joy said, "Hey look! A thrift store!!" So, I headed in. Totally ghetto, a real beat up place. I looked around and didn't see anything besides some old Anchor Hocking stuff. I looked all over and then looked again (I've noticed I have to look a couple times just to make sure.) and there she was.... The pretty yellow dot bowl! Poor thing had black marks all over it, but I knew either Bar Keeper's Friend or the Magic Eraser would get it off. (It totally got it off, You could never tell there were black marks on it.)
After that little place we headed down to the DI in Centerville and found these two cups (Same pattern my mom had in plates and bowls when I was a little kid.)

And this solid white bowl.
Joy used to be a major thrifter until she had kids and then she stopped, but I think I've gotten her back into it. She found a couple Pyrex pie plates like my Grandma Cooks. We're already planning on hitting up some yard sales and swap meets this weekend. I love spending time with my sister and finding these little treasures. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment