Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Exciting Finds

We went to get our brakes fixed today and on the way home we stopped by a DI. I walked in straight to the glass section and saw these....
I literally gasped! I got SOO excited! They're SO beautiful and no scratches, perfect condition (besides a tiny chip on the rim of dark brown bowl). I snatched them so quick and kept looking for more. While I was looking at the cups a lady stopped and said, "Aren't they so pretty? I was carrying them around for a minute, but decided to put them back. I wanted to get these plates instead." I made sure to thank her for leaving them so I could have them. Haha! She told me about how I could sell them on ebay and make a ton off of them and I told her I was a collector and was so excited to add them to my collection. We talked for another minute before she wished me happy hunting and went on her way. I love meeting other collectors.

The little cup isn't Pyrex, it's Corelle, but the pattern matched the Woodland Brown bowls and I thought it was cute. I could see a bunch of buttons in it in my sewing room.

What a great bunch of finds today. :)

2 comments:

  1. Ooo! I love the green ones! So cute! Perfect mixing bowls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What exciting finds! ♥

    ReplyDelete