Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Long time coming...

 It's been a while since I went out to find Pyrex, so today we went for a little hunt. We went to the local Value Village and found this set of Old Orchard Cinderella bowls. I wasn't quite sure if I really wanted to get them, but they were mint, so I snatched them up. Maybe I'll sell them on eBay or something.
 This little green casserole. It was too cute to pass up.
 This one wasn't the prettiest green, but it was mint and they were only asking $1 for it. Maybe I can store some of my sewing supplies in it.
 There they are! Not bad for only hitting up 2 stores. I really REALLY really wish I could find some red Pyrex though. Why does that have to be so hard to find?!
These two bowls I found at DI. I'm LOVING the yellow. I think it's my new favorite bowl. It had a bunch of white spots all over it and I thought it was chipped paint, until I looked at it in the light. I was able to get all the white specks off! Yay!

3 comments:

  1. Old Orchard kind of grows on you - I always said I never would buy it but now I have two pieces - it's not so bad after all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old Orchard is the pattern my mom got for her wedding, and probably the reason I didn't notice how pretty pyrex could be until my teens. Even though it isn't my most favorite pattern, it has a special place in my heart - great finds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom also had Old Orchard, too. Thankfully, she also had Friendship! It would have been hard for me to pass up minty Pyrex, too. The Butterfly Gold II are gorgeous. I love those shades of gold. It's been hard to find Pyrex around here, too. Grrrr....

    ReplyDelete