Saturday, July 14, 2012

Hot Springs, Montana Finds


 I saw this bowl at the little "thrift" shop in Hot Springs, Montana while visiting my Grandma. It's such a little town I didn't think I could find anything. I saw this bowl at the bottom back of a shelf and I kept going back and forth on it. It didn't look like it was in the best condition and I'm trying to be more selective in my finds, so I left it behind. 

I later told my hubby about it and while he was picking up some comics he decided to grab this bowl too. He told me he's seen me purchase bowls that were in worse condition and that this one he liked cause it made him think of our dads being in the military and all. He knew I could clean it up with some elbow grease.

 Sure enough, it cleaned up nice and pretty. Not many scratches to it. This bowl is actually pretty rare it seems. I'm glad he got it anyway.
 It even has this neat little tab on the bottom of the bowl. 

I saw these yellow bowls. $30 is a lot more than I normally pay for Pyrex, but they were all in good condition and I couldn't leave the store empty handed so I picked them up. Plus, I really like the yellow.
 This little bowl was also close to the yellow bowls at the shop. The store owner gave it to me for free! :) I love when that happens! We even found a bowl like this in the back corner of a HIGH shelf at my Grandma's house. Everyone kept telling me to ask her for it, but I was nervous and missed the opportunity.

3 comments:

  1. What did you use to clean the top bowl? I just bought a piece with a bunch of similar scratches, but my Barkeeper's Friend isn't getting them off. Boo! I love the yellow, and the homestead, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually used Barkeeper's Friend. I tried it with a sponge first and it wasn't working at all. So, I got the bowl wet and then sprinkled some on and used my fingers to scrub it off. It worked like a charm. I don't know why I didn't work with the sponge, but my fingers worked best. Good luck!!

      Delete
  2. It's amazing what a little elbow grease will do!!! Nice!!

    ReplyDelete