Monday, September 17, 2012

A quilt for baby #5


I had all the squares cut out for this quilt for a few months now, but they kept getting pushed to the side until last night. Honestly, I think the reason this quilt took forever was because the colors didn't look right to me when I laid them out for the first time. I got tired of looking at the squares begging to be sewn so I went with my original pattern and hoped for the best. I'm glad I stuck with it cause the more I look at it the more it grows on me. I got it all sewn together and bound in about 3 hours. I love baby quilts cause they go FAST. The back is a soft felt and I used a thicker batting. Baby #5 (still working on his name) will LOVE it. 

We painted the bassinet a golden yellow and this quilt fits it PERFECTLY! I even made a sheet for the mattress (that I made too!!) using this tutorial from MADE. 

3 comments:

  1. Baby #5 is going to love it! So pretty and so special! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is simply stunning. What a beautiful pattern, i am glad you went with it. I love the edge fabric too.

    ReplyDelete